Sunday 7 April 2013

I'm back!!

It's been a little while since my last post! 
My apologies, school, life and my days have been 
busy, busy, busy and seems to have escaped me.
I'm excited to say; that our classroom has been glowing with energy, excitement and exploration! The spring weather is around the corner (I just know it) and so much has happened over the last month. Our students have grown so much since December and are finding new ways to create their own learning, which is super exciting as well. I hope that all of you are finding amazing moments within your classrooms as well. It is crazy to think that we only have three months left of this school year!

The photos below was an expansion idea; off of their sewing interest. While discovering that our plastic needles that were available for us to use within the room were "tough" to get through any of the material. I happened to find an extra roll of burlap in my stroage room at home and thought it may work well as the "canvas" for sewing. It was neutral, easy to display and it allowed the children to sew and create with ease. This was such a great idea! I loved it. I left out different coloured yarn and our plastic needles and away the students went. Such a great way to promote fine motor skills as well. 




No comments:

Post a Comment